WELCOME TO HENRY THE HAND!
Keeping schools healthy by teaching the 4 Principles of Hand Awareness!
We are a non-profit located in Cincinnati that offers Infection Prevention Tool Kits for early childhood centers, pre-schools and schools that help teachers and school nurses educate young children and students to the benefits of hand washing (hand hygiene), respiratory etiquette (safe coughing and sneezing habits), and not
touching your eyes, nose, or mouth (T Zone).
Spread the Word, Not the Germs!
Benefits of Health Shields Versus Masks
Dr. William Sawyer — Founder
About Dr. Will
- Founder of Henry the Hand Foundation: Hand hygiene awareness advocate as seen in The New York Times and Washington Post
- 33 years as a Solo Practice Family Medicine Doctor teaching, coaching, and changing patients' behavior to benefit their health.
- Clean Hand Coalition, Co-founder of a CDC and Prevention coalition: 2003-Present
- Cincinnati Red Cross H1N1 Pandemic Program Sept 9, 2009
- Interventions to Prevent Influenza and Influenza Like Infections in the Retail Clinic Setting, RCEC 2013
- Hand Awareness presentations: Non Pharmaceutical Approach to Prevent Human Illness and Transmission of Emerging Pathogens presentations; NEHA 2006, NAHEC 2006 and USDA Food Safety Conference, 2006.
- Human Factor Engineering and Positive Deviance Strategy to Reduce HAI: Summit, May 2007
Keeping schools healthy by teaching the 4 Principles of Hand Awareness.
Spread the word, not the germs!