Henry the Hand
Helping people feel safer during the Coronavirus Pandemic by teaching the 4 Principles of Hand Awareness!
We are a Non-Profit dedicated to improving health and wellness by making people aware of the role their hands play in the spread of infectious diseases, using several different multi-sensory and media techniques.
Spread the Word, Not the Germs!
Dr. William Sawyer — Founder
About Dr. Will
- Founder of Henry the Hand Foundation: Hand hygiene awareness advocate as seen in The New York Times and Washington Post
- 33 years as a Solo Practice Family Medicine Doctor teaching, coaching, and changing patients' behavior to benefit their health.
- Hand Hygiene and Face Touching in Family Medicine Offices 2011
- The Effect of Knowing HAIs That Are On The Ward and Hand Hygiene Compliance, Bethesda North Hospital 2010
- Clean Hand Coalition, Co-founder of a CDC and Prevention coalition: 2003-Present
- Interventions to Prevent Influenza and Influenza Like Infections in the Retail Clinic Setting, RCEC 2013
- Hand Awareness presentations: Non Pharmaceutical Approach to Prevent Human Illness and Transmission of Emerging Pathogens presentations; NEHA 2006, NAHEC 2006 and USDA Food Safety Conference, 2006.
- Human Factor Engineering and Positive Deviance Strategy to Reduce HAI: Summit, May 2007
Keeping schools healthy by teaching the 4 Principles of Hand Awareness.
Spread the word, not the germs!